Friday 14 October 2016

October 14th: Dhamma Chakka Pavattan Day (Mass Reversion To Buddhism)

Buddha, Pandit Iyothee Thass, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar



Today is one of the greatest historical days in India. With remembering Revolutionary Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar's Pioneer Pandit Iyothee Thass, I wishing you all happy Dhamma Chakka Pavattan (Mass Reversion Day)Pandit Iyothee Thass was the first Person who had worked for the cause of revivalism of Buddhism in Modern India. He was the first person who instrumental in articulating the idea that the Scheduled Classes were not only Buddhists formerly but were the original inhabitants of India which later paved way for many social movements. In 1886, he declared that the Scheduled Classes were not Hindus. He founded the Sakya Indian Buddhist Society in Chennai in 1890s. 

On 14th October 1956, Babasaheb along with more than half million re-enter (not a conversion) to our Buddhism in Nagpur. Buddhism is a morality teachings of Buddha based on Dhamma i.e., Truth, a way of life. Buddha didn't promise to give salvation. He said he was a way finder and not giver of salvation. This Re-enter to Buddhism paved and initiated the original born of Buddhism in India. According to Babasaheb, we the people were ancient Buddhist and the history of India was nothing but the mortal conflict between the Brahmanism and Buddhism. Those who didn't accept the Brahmanism were later called as Untouchables. But the historical pages are completely molded and making humbug. Unfortunately the people of today and our leaders from both North and South India in his age could not understand the reality of his path. They were duped and so they refused to follow him. At this juncture, if the Scheduled Classes re-enter into our Buddhism, Today the turn of Indian history would be in different line. But majority are still under the label platform of hindutuva and with sufferings in South and North India. We were never Hindus, We are not Hindus and We will never a part of Hindus. 

It is impossible to create the sound without hitting hands together. Likewise it is not possible for Revolutionary Ambedkar's movement without taking Buddha. Already we have Buddha and Babasaheb in India. So we needn't to create a new ideology. Our Babasaheb achieved the rights for not only some particular section but also for the whole oppressed and margin in the society by socially and economically backward in India. It happened because of his well verses in Education. I am sure that Education especially women's education with Buddha and Babasaheb path will help us. So, Educate at first with broad mind and help all margins. That's why he put Educate as first in his great quote, "Educate, Agitate and Organize".

With Regards,
Ambeth,
Dharmapuri,
Tamil Nadu.

14/10/2012.


Jai bheem...!
Long Live Ambedkarism...!



Buddhist Flag and Meaning




22 vows given by Babasaheb in Nagpur on 14th October 1956:


1. I shall have no faith in Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara, nor shall I worship them.
2. I shall have no faith in Rama and Krishna, who are believed to be incarnation of God, nor shall I worship them.
3. I shall have no faith in Gauri, Ganapati and other gods and goddesses of Hindus, nor shall I worship them.
4. I do not believe in the incarnation of God.
5. I do not and shall not believe that Lord Buddha was the incarnation of Vishnu. I believe this to be sheer madness and false propaganda.
6. I shall not perform Shraddha nor shall I give pind.
7. I shall not act in a manner violating the principles and teachings of the Buddha.
8. I shall not allow any ceremonies to be performed by Brahmins.
9. I shall believe in the equality of man.
10. I shall endeavour to establish equality.
11. I shall follow the Noble Eightfold Path of the Buddha.
12. I shall follow the ten paramitas prescribed by the Buddha.
13. I shall have compassion and loving-kindness for all living beings and protect them.
14. I shall not steal.
15. I shall not tell lies.
16. I shall not commit carnal sins.
17. I shall not take intoxicants like liquor, drugs, etc.
18. I shall endeavour to follow the Noble Eightfold Path and practice compassion and loving-kindness in everyday life.
19. I renounce Hinduism, which disfavors humanity and impedes the advancement and development of humanity because it is based on inequality, and adopt Buddhism as my religion.
20. I firmly believe the Dhamma of the Buddha is the only true religion.
21. I consider that I have taken a new birth.
22. I solemnly declare and affirm that I shall hereafter lead my life according to the teachings of Buddha's Dhamma.

2 comments: