Tuesday 8 October 2019

Feeling Happy: Short History of Thatha Rettamalai Srinivasanar and Perunthalaivar M. C. Rajah in Tamil Nadu Text Book (New Syllabus 2019).

Thatha Rettamalai Srinivasanar and Perunthalaivar M. C. Rajah


Really it makes me happy albeit not enough. Lack of documentation is one of the hurdles in Scheduled Classes history. Since my late teens i.e., late 10s, I have been indulging in writing and documenting unknown pervasive aspects of the Scheduled Classes Movement of India. Now, it gives me more motivation for my works. A lot more needs to be done towards documenting. We should create own niche.

School text books are the basic for generalized aspects of many things to children. It includes the society of India. In my school days, I never ever read about the history of the Scheduled Classes Movement or its leaders through the text books. Thanks to my father. He used to tell me regularly some historical facts in those days. The Scheduled Classes Movement of Madras Presidency (Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and parts of Kerala and Karnataka) is nothing but the Dravidian Movement. The basic seed originated from here. But none of the Shudra development parties discourse it anywhere. They have been ruling since late 1960s. 

I always wonder why one of the greatest sons of this soil Perunthalaivar M. C. Rajah's name has been neglected in the pages of the history. In fact he has been neglected by his own fellows without known much about him. He was the pioneer of Mid-day meal scheme in India. Anyway, Times have changed now. Today, they have become inevitable in history. At present, We should give pressure to the Scheduled Classes MLAs and MPs to celebrate Perunthalaivar M. C. Rajah's birthday as a state function of Government of Tamil Nadu and construct a memorial for him. Also steps should be taken to bring out his writings and speeches in a compiled manner.

Short history has been published in 10th Standard Social Science Book, English Volume - II, History, Unit 10: Social Transformation in Tamil Nadu, Page 76-77 [ For Tamil Medium: Page 85-86]. In this moment I want to mention, last year some parts of my article about "Saviour of Labours Rights in India -- Revolutionary Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. Broad Your Knowledge" was published in 9th standard Social Science Book (Term - II, Volume 4). My thanks to SCERT and 'Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation' (Department Of School Education).

Regards,
Ambeth,
Dharmapuri,
Tamil Nadu.

Jai bheem...!!!

Also Read:

3 comments:

  1. Sir my eyes filled with full of tears and I'm extremely happy to read this , that his name has come Atlast ....and my hearty thanks to you and congratulations for your work.
    Regards
    Sandhya Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much to the great grand daughter of Perunthalaivar. I want to mention the Buddha quote here. How true it is!.
      "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

      Delete